Monday 6 June 2016

Freedom of Information Request Denied

   

The Nelson community solar garden

A slippery moving target of junk engineering for political feel good purposes wasting everyone's money.

My last FOI asked the following questions for which I received no answers.



Alex Love the manager of Nelson hydro no longer answers my emailed questions.



When I first met with Mr. Love providing speaking about solar, he wasn't interested and announced to me he was an engineer.

Subsequently I emailed him his consultant and staff years of real known public solar data for the area.
He eventually emailed back saying I was wasting their time.

The consultants estimate for annual power from the original 200 panel 49.9kW system exaggerated all known real data by 25%.  His data came from a swiss computer program.

Ultimatly the 200 panel project turned into a 248 panel project, 25% more solar panels.

After the first year data showed their estimate was exaggerated by 25%.  They ended up earning the power from 248 panels, that they estimated would come from the 200 panel system.

I have no idea when or what decision was made to increase the size by 25%.

Problem is the business case presented to city council was costed using the 200 panel system.
All calculations regarding payback etc., were never changed. 

Had they used the available real data, Mr. Love could never have presented city council a business case.  In my experience the entire project was a smoke and mirrors philosophical one with no intention of payback, rather all about feelgood political points.  Who would know, it would take years before this reality became known and by then nobody would care.

I could go on.  My experience with this city, transparency, accessibility, open government doesn't exist.  Zere Vill BE NO Qvestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment